If you are a Nexus 5 user, you might have updated it to the latest Android Kit Kat v4.4.4. Now if you like to install custom ROM’s or like to use rooted apps on your Nexus 5 you can do that with the help of rooting it as you can now root and install SuperSU on your Nexus 5. Follow the steps mentioned below to root LG Nexus 5 smartphone.
Before starting the rooting process, you need to keep in mind a few things and make sure that you are having all the prerequisites with you.
Prerequisites for Rooting LG Nexus 5
- Make sure that the battery of your device is more than 50%.
- Make a complete backup of your device before you are rooting it.
- Turn on the USB Debugging option which you can find in the settings Menu.
- Make sure that you are having all the USB files of your Nexus 5 downloaded and installed on your computer.
- The bootloader of your LG Nexus 5 should be unlocked so that you can install the rooting app on your device.
- Download and install Android SDK on your computer. Visit here to download it.
- Download all the fastboot tools on your PC using this link.
- Download the rooting software i.e. SuperSU by clicking this link.
- Download the custom Recovery i.e. CWM on your computer using this link.
Once you have fulfilled all the prerequisites you can follow the steps mentioned below to start the rooting process of your LG Nexus 5.
Rooting Process of LG Nexus 5
- First of all you need to extract the Fastboot tool to a directory on your PC which is “android-sdk-windows/platform-tools”. You will see this directory once you have installed Android SDK on your computer.
- Also you have to transfer the CWM recovery files in the same directory where you extracted the Fastboot tool.
- Now you have to connect your LG Nexus 5 on your computer and copy the Super SU file on your phone.
- Once copied, switch off the mobile and restart it into the bootloader mode. Press the power key and volume down key until you see some text appear on your screen. Make sure that your device is still connected with computer via wired USB connection.
- Open this directory on your computer “android-sdk-windows/platform-tools” and run command prompt from this directory.
- Now you have to run the following command in the commands window.
“fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-126.96.36.199-hammerhead.img”
- Now you have to select recovery mode.
- Now you have to create a nandroid backup by selecting backup and restore and then backup option.
- Now you have to flash the rooting file on your device. You can flash the device by selecting install zip from SD card and then choose zip from SD card. Browse the location where you have copied the Super SU file and confirm the installation.
- When you see that installation has been completed, restart your device by selecting reboot system now.
Your LG Nexus 5 is now rooted.